Function & Form
Exercise that combines body movement with mental focus and controlled breathing to improve strength, balance, flexibility and overall health. These programs promote body awareness through the performance of precise physical movements that controls and balances your own body-weight.
The Les Mills™ workout combining Yoga, Tai Chi and Pilates that leaves you feeling long, strong, centered & calm. It’s your personal time out from the stress of life. Enhances physical & mental well-being. Check it out!
Designed to improve the health, performance, and mental acuity of athletes or individuals interested in improving their level of fitness. Based on the ancient fitness science of hatha yoga, it blends balance, strength, flexibility and power in a fitness format. Check it out!
Functional mind/body exercises are gaining popularity due to their many proven physical benefits as well as emotional benefits - particularly for managing stress and anxiety. Many forms are beneficial for people with conditions that might not allow them to participate in "regular" forms of exercise, but they can also help advanced exercisers enhance their fitness levels and become more balanced.
Some benefits include:
- Aids existing stress and anger management programs
- Reduces the medical and economic costs of psychological distress
- Improves muscular strength, flexibility, balance and coordination
- Reduces falls in the elderly
- Improves glucose tolerance
- Reduces responsiveness to stress hormones
- Increases self-awareness, self-efficacy, and personal empowerment
- Decreases state anxiety and neuroticism and trait anxiety
- Decreases pain and pain sensation
- Reduces blood pressure
- Improves blood lipid profile
- Improves bone mineral density
- Improves pulmonary function and cardiorespiratory fitness